Back home
Ending my big vacation to France is a downer. In summary , the crepes were outstanding, the public transit was impressive, and the people got really appalled when I told then about the American health care system.
They asked questions about the healthcare a lot. And usually reacted with more being appalled.
Also, I did it! The day before I left, I ate a snail -->
---
Interview Guy is off backpacking the John Muir trail. Why would someone choose to schlep 50lbs of outrageously costly equipment through hundreds of miles of nothing, and go several weeks without any forms of communication whatsoever? Don't ask me, I opted for France.
Before he left:
Me: I'm going to miss you
IG: [silence]
Me: *Ahem* Are you going to miss me too?
IG: [pause] I guess?
Sigh.
I mentioned about this conversation this to my friend R. Incredulous at IntGuy's reply, he asked if IntGuy had ever had a girlfriend before. Honestly, the answer is "not really."
In response, R offered the advice "You are what I call 'Grade B Single.' You go on dates and remember how annoying it is to date. So you'll appreciate IntGuy when he gets back."