Mom: LAURA! You're home!I'll bet she does!
Me: [waits] What.
Mom: Well, it turns out my friend Ester has a son!
Me: Impressive!
Mom: He's 35, a programmer, and he's very wealthy! He owns his own place in San Francisco, and... you like San Francisco!
Me: [looks are her incredulously, as she clearly does not understand what is happening in my life right now]
Mom: What?
Me: [silence]
Mom: He's wealthy and successful. And very attractive and athletic.
Me: Have you actually met this person?
Mom: Oh, no. But his mother says that he is very attractive.
Seriously. I can only strive to be more like her.
This Young Woman Scored $1,200 A Month In Fancy Dinners Using Match.com

No, I don't have a facebook. This blog is my web presence, and if you want to reach me, it connects to my email.
Right now, I live in the bay area, but I tend to move around a lot. Staying in one place makes me so restless.