Bon Voyage
"This is a
relatively big box of matches," Sean said, pointing at a box the size of a deck of cards.
I had made a little pile of things we would need for our camping/road trip to Alaska. The pile only included items we
really needed, since I knew there would be very little space in the car, after Sean sheepishly admitted to being 'afraid of sleeping outside' last week -- an interesting confession for a guy who has been dead-set on a 5-week camping stint in the arctic for months. To cater to this paranoia, Sean insisted that we spend the 8000mile road trip sleeping in the car instead of in a tent, since Sean feels cars are less 'outside,' and he proceeded to fill 95% of our luggage space with a twin mattress, two sets of blankets, a sleeping bag, and pillows. As you may suspect, packing around these large objects has proven quite a challenge.
"We have this other, smaller box," he added, "which still holds a fair number of matches."
As you can see, I am feeling very optimistic about this trip...