Happy Feet
A friend of mine has been reading a book on acupressure -- the old Chinese theory of healing the body through pressure points on the feet. She offered to try it out on me, since I've been having problems with TMJ.
"Ok," she said, pressing down on my pinky toe, "what part of the body does this represent?"
"Umm," I said, searching for sensations but feeling none. "My shoulders?" She shook her head. "My... knee caps?"
"It's your liver," she said frowning, and moved her hands towards the arch of my foot. "How about this?"
"Is it the lungs?" Another head shake. "My neck?" Shake again.
After a three more points (my heart, hands, and butt) I started to get impatient. She was asking about my left heel now, and I didn't have any more guesses. "It's my
foot goddammit!
You're pinching me on my heel!"
So that was that for acupressure. Maybe it works better for professionals, or for people who are trying to finagle free foot rubs. But for me, my jaw still hurts, and I am eating soup for dinner for the third time in a row. Maybe the fiber in the lentils will keep my poop moving along, so I don't get cancer again at my next visit to the doctor.