Quarter Life Crisis: Justified
Hell, CA -- Sorry, but my life hasn’t been very funny recently. I keep wanting to write something, but I don’t have anything humorous to say.
Josh (Pedro) and I broke up a few weeks ago. It's bad enough as it is, without the fact that 'break up’ in this case is just a shorter way of saying ‘be upset all the time’ since we can’t actually be break away from each other. We live in the same place. I see him pretty much every day, which consistently makes me upset every day, and basically prevents me from doing anything productive. As long as this situation persists, I remain about as useful in my endeavors as a fat kid in a game of dodgeball. My counselor would say that I have a hard time dealing with break ups due to my “fear of abandonment,” but I feel that it is better explained using a broader description of a more general fear. Something like “fear of shitty situations” would do it.
Despite this, there are three months left on my lease here in Berkeley, which keeps me legally bound to this fabulous situation. And to make it better, just for fun, fate has decided to play a little prank on me about the living situation: I am so broke, that guess what... I can’t afford to pay rent anyway! As it is now, I have enough money left to cover my rent and food for about six more weeks... After that, I graduate to the rank of True Berkeley Resident. I’m even going to get the official Dread Locks to match my Cardboard Sign.
That being said, I am trying hard to fight this fate by finding a real income. I honestly can’t tell you how many resumes I’ve sent out to companies recently. Although, considering the number of responses I receive for my resumes, I also can’t tell you how many I’ve sent out to non-existent email addresses that have been posted on craigslist by bullies playing pranks on unemployed people like me. Despite this, I like to keep sending out my info anyways, as a sort of hobby to keep me occupied between sleeping and getting upset about seeing Josh. It’s a good way to kill time and self esteem with one stone. Go me.