The Chills
SUNDAY -- At about midnight, I got home to my house that we do not heat, and as always, the inside was exactly as cold as the outside. I thought this was tolerable at times, but at this particular moment, I finally got annoyed, and decided it was time to do some investigating. Without a moments hesitation, I marched right over to the refridgerator, and began to investigate. I opened the door and stuck my right hand in while holding my left hand out away from the fridge, toward the center of the kitchen. After a little concentration, I concluded that my suspicions had been correct. The inside of the fridge bore no discernible temperature difference from the inside of the kitchen. Truimphant, I marched up the stairs to my room and into my bed, where I watched each breath exhale from my body and float up toward the ceiling, until finally, I accepted my cold fate and went to sleep.